Hotel Fortina, Sliema
The 4 star Hotel Fortina is located towards the end of the Sliema peninsular, overlooking the Marsamxett harbour, with great views, both over Valletta and out to sea. Although in a quiet part of Sliema, the Hotel Fortina is only 400 m away from the shops and facilities of Sliema.
The four star Hotel Fortina has some of the best facilities of any hotel of its class. Possibly the most exceptional are the four different Spas (which are shared with the 5 star Fortina Spa Resort), each of which has its own style of treatments. In addition there are a choice of five different restaurants, three bars, an extensive fitness room and a choice of swimming pools.
Sliema is an excellent choice for those who would like to see the rest of the island. The Fortina Hotel is not only handy for bus stops, but also for the ferry across the harbour to Valletta itself.
Rooms in the Hotel Fortina
Hotel Fortina: Superior Sea View Room
There are a range of rooms including Standard and Deluxe Garden or Sea View Rooms. The Standard Rooms have twin or double beds, en suite bathroom, air-conditioning, television, tea & coffee making facilities and a safe. In addition, the Deluxe Rooms have two queen-size beds, capable of accommodating up to four people and all have a balcony.
Guests staying on the bed & breakfast tariff receive a buffet breakfast, whilst those on half-board have in addition, a dinner in a choice of five restaurant with set menus included. All Inclusive guests have buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner in a choice of five restaurant with set menus and drinks in a choice of two bars.
Wining & Dining in the Hotel Fortina
Hotel Fortina: La Vallette Restaurant
There a choice of five restaurants when staying at the Hotel Fortina:
- La Vallette; a self service buffet restaurant on the lower ground floor, with panoramic views over Valletta. This serves a range of different foods.
- Can Thai: this restaurant is the Hotel Fortina's award winning Chinese and Thai restaurant. It is accessed via the Fortina Spa Resort.
- Sa Re Ga Ma: possibly the best Indian Restaurant in Malta, voted as one of Malta's 'Top 40' dining outlets. It is located in the Fortina Spa Resort's Tropical Garden and it is possible to sit outside in warm evenings. There is a choice of dishes from thirty different regions of India, including as one would expect from regional Indian cooking, many vegetarian specialties.
- Ristorante Tigné: this restaurant serves a superb choice of Italian and Mediterranean food and some excellent well-priced wines to go with it. This is also accessed from the neighbouring Fortina Spa Resort
- Il-Giardino: open for lunch only, this provides traditional Italian dishes, such as Pizzas, Antipasti & Pasta
Hotel Fortina: Cocktail Bar
There are three bars:
- The Garden Bar: overlooking the Fortina's Tropical Garden, this relaxing bar has an informal atmosphere.
- The Cocktail Bar: situated indoors, next to the Lido, the Hotel Fortina's Cocktail Bar provides a venue for evening entertainment and dancing during the cooler months.
- The Lido Bar: as its name suggests the Lido bar is situated by the swimming pool overlooking Valletta. During the summer months it provides a venue for outdoor entertainment.
For the peckish, all the bars serve bar snacks.
The Hotel Fortina's Recreational Facilities
Fortina Fitness Centre
The Hotel Fortina has three swimming pools, all salt-water. Outside are the two Lido Pools, one suitable for non-swimmers. Inside there is the Fortina Fitness Centre pool. This is a heated saltwater indoor pool. All the pools have good views towards Valletta.
The Fortina Fitness Centre provides a well equipped gym, with a large selection of fitness equipment. Also there aerobic classes are run by qualified instructors.
The Fortina Spa
Cleoapatra Bath, Belle Époque Spa
Offering over 200 treatments, the Fortina Spa is divided into 4 different Spas:
- The Hypogeum: A holistic body, mind and spirit spa offering treatments such as Chinese medicine & acupuncture, body detox, Ayuverda, Indonesian & Chinese massages, seaweed & mud treatments, as well as facials and body treatments.
- Belle Époque Well Being and Beauty Centre: The Belle Époque offers the latest state-of-the-art beauty therapies from round the world. These include treatments from the traditional to the hitech, such as Turkish mud baths, the Cleopatra bath, a Japanese room and various different massages.
- Spa Santé: This consists of a series of treatment rooms for anti-stress, detoxing and relaxation. These include a Mediterranean Sauna, reflexology basin, ice fountain, Kneip walk, tepidarium, Roman Laconium and many others
- Spa Mediteranée: This offers Thalasso treatments based on concentrated sea water. The Thalasso hydrotherapy pool, heated to 35°C is equipped with powerful jets to massage painful muscles. In addition there are anti-stress treatments, "Dead Sea" body treatments and various others.